Hey beauties! As promised on my last Instagram post I have a foundation review for you! And yes, it’s a drugstore foundation that won’t break the bank! It’s the Maybelline Superstay Foundation 24 Hour. I purchased mine from Superdrug in store. It’s currently on offer, 2 Maybelline products for £12. Which is such a bargain!
To be completely honest with you, I gave up on drugstore foundations a very long time ago. Base makeup is not something you can compromise on and it’s definitely worth investing in a high-end brand for the base of your makeup. Nevertheless, I gave this foundation a go.
The foundation claims to be long lasting and full coverage and it’s exactly that. I cannot even explain how impressed I am. I only used one layer and the coverage was insane! The texture of the foundation is spot on, it’s not too drying nor cakey. It doesn’t feel heavy on and it leaves such a flawless finish. It’s also very long lasting. Not sure about the 24-hour thing as I don’t think I’ll ever be wearing a foundation for that long lol but I had it on for 5-7 hours and it looked just as flawless at the end of the night.
Now my two main tips for applying any foundation are:
1. Blend, blend, blend – yes blend like a crazy woman! Compress the foundation into your skin completely. I spend 2-3 minutes just blending the foundation in. Attention to detail while blending is important.
2. Use a setting spray – for this look, I used the Mario Badescu Facial Spray straight after the blending process and once again right at the end, when I finished my whole look. This is so important to give you that glowy, dewy look. Especially if you have dry skin like me.
I have nothing bad to say about this foundation other than the shade range. Yes, unfortunately the shade range isn’t great and there’s not many shades with a yellow undertone. The shade I purchased was Warm Sun which is quite a good match for me but I’d love to see more yellow undertone shades in this range.
Well done Maybelline! You have absolutely smashed it with this foundation. I’m obsessed!!!! I won’t be reaching out for my Nars or Makeup Forever foundation anytime soon!
Further makeup details:
- Primer – Too Faced – ‘Hangover’ face primer
- Concealer – Maybelline Fit Me! Concealer 20 Sand
- Lipstick – Kylie cosmetics (shade ‘bare’ from the ‘Send Me More Nudes’ collection)
- Setting powder – COTY Airspun Loose Face Powder (Translucent) – Read my review here.
- Setting spray – Mario Badescu Facial Spray With Aloe Herbs And Rosewater
- Eyeshadow and highlight – Huda Beauty Desert Dusk Palette
- Lashes – Dodo Lashes style D301 – Read my review here.
- Mascara – Maybelline The Falsies Volum’ Express Mascara Black Drama
- Eyebrows – Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade (Ebony)
Time for bed now, hope ya’ll have an amazing and productive week!
Lots of love,