Managing time is something we all struggle with. I feel like there just isn’t enough hours in the day to do everything. So here are a few tips from my own experience to be productive and efficient with your time 🙂
(1) Wake up early. Yup that’s right. It’s so important.
Have you guys heard of the 5am club?
‘5 am to 8 am are hours when one has least interruptions, and the mind is blank and full of potential. Achievers around the world swear by the motto’ – The Times Of India
Crazy right? Waking up so early, but If you want to be super productive with your time, it needs to be done. Read more about it at:
(2) Organise yourself! Invest in a diary, you could also use your phone or tablet calendar. I use both. How pretty is my diary?
It’s from Wilko for only £2.50, here is the link:
By planning out your day or week you can visualise what needs to be done. Prioritise your tasks! Don’t plan dinner parties and outings with your friends when there’s more important tasks that need attention.
(3) Be more efficient with your spendings. Always keep an eye on your Income : Outcome ratio. Don’t spend more than you earn. Prepare yourself for the future when you’ll have bills to pay, pay for your family and children etc. Don’t buy 20 lipsticks of the same colour, you don’t need it.
(4) Invest your time in your own personal development. There’s no such thing as reaching your goal, that’s for fools. There’s always room for improvement. This could be done in many ways, here are a few:
- Academically: studying further, increasing your knowledge, specialising in a field.
- Health and fitness: being more healthy, joining the gym, working out at home or even going for morning walks/jogs. Your health is VERY important. Maybe right now you don’t prioritise it as much, and you’re eating out 5/7 days in the week, smoking etc. but invest time in your health and you’ll be thanking yourself when you’re in your late 30s and you still have good skin and hair and you’re able to walk up the stairs without running out of breath.
- Help others: this could be in many ways. Whether it may be helping your siblings with their homework, helping your mom cook, raising money for charity. There’s plenty of ways. It’s important for us as individuals to bring positivity into the lives of others, as this is what helps us experience more and grow as a person.
If you find yourself constantly staring at the time when you’re at work or always looking forward to Friday just so you don’t have to work, then that’s maybe a sign you’re doing the wrong job. Of course not everyone loves working, but maybe your potential is else where, maybe you have an unique talent of your own. You need to explore your mind, your potential, your skills, it’s crucial to enjoy what you do as this is the key to succeeding in what you do!
We need to develop a Growth Mind Set
‘In a growth mindset, people believe that their most basic abilities can be developed through dedication and hard work—brains and talent are just the starting point. This view creates a love of learning and a resilience that is essential for great accomplishment. Virtually all great people have had these qualities’ – Carol Dweck
To learn about the Growth Mind Set, I have shared with you guys two useful links:
(5) Love yourself. No I don’t mean stare at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself that you’re beautiful (actually you can do that too lol), but what I mean by loving yourself is give yourself some time to unwind, do the things you love. This is important because otherwise you will fall ill. You don’t need a WHOLE DAY to unwind, that’s not true at all. An evening off, or a lie in, in the morning is sufficient. Then carry on being your productive self! 🙂
I hope this was a helpful post!