Eid is my favourite time of the year, I love spending time with my mom in the kitchen making all sorts of dishes. My mom makes all the usual traditional bengali/asian dishes and desserts, where as I always feel the need to make something new and different for the kids. I love experimenting with food hence why I’m such a fatty :/
So this week I thought I would share with you guys a few of my personal favourites; the EASIEST desserts ever! Many of us are far too busy with our studies or work lives to step into the kitchen and make something, so why not attempt to try one of the few desserts I mention this week 🙂 Desserts are definitely the easiest (and tastiest :P) option. All the desserts I mention over the next week would take roughly 45 minutes! and the best thing about it is that you don’t even have to bake! lol
|The delicious No Bake Oreo Cheesecake with a galaxy chocolate topping
So the kids in my family are crazy about this! It’s literally gone within minutes! It tastes rich and creamy and definitely satisfies that sweet tooth.
- 2 cups Oreo crumbs (from about 20 Oreos)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 24 oz (three 8-oz packages) cream cheese for e.g. (Philadelphia or just the cheap stuff from Asda or Tesco is just as good)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 8 oz cream (whipping cream or double cream)
- additional Oreo crumbs and melted galaxy chocolate for the top (optional).
1. Crush up about 20 Oreos and then combine the Oreo crumbs with melted butter to form the base of cheesecake (the crust).
2. You want to press the crumbs into the bottom and halfway up the sides of a 9 inch springform pan and then set in refrigerator to firm. If you would rather make it in a flat dish than a pan, then that can be done too.
3. In the mean time, mix the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together in a large bowl until smooth and well combined.
4. Whip some cream and gently stir that also into the mixture.
5. At this point you could add some Oreo crumbs and chopped Oreos and gently mix until well combined, however I’ve left my filling simply plain.
6. At this point your crust should be ready, so now pour the filling into crust and smooth the top.
7. Now the final touches! Top it up with additional Oreo crumbs and some melted chocolate (such as dairy milk, galaxy or any other plain milk chocolate).
8. Refrigerate for about 4 hours or until firm.
Hope that was pretty straight forward to follow and hope you guys have a blessed Eid. If you enjoyed this blog post then please stay tuned for Delicious Desserts for Dummies #Part2 🙂